The call for projects is continuously open, you can submit your project at any time by using the following form :
However, in order for your project to be considered by the next AERIS Scientific Council to be held in early May, it must be submitted by April 26th 2021 at the latest. If you cannot wait until this date, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The objective of AERIS is to assist research requiring access to atmospheric data. To meet this need, AERIS provides the community with pooled human and material resources by proposing a continuous open call for projects.
These projects may include :
- referencing or repatriation within AERIS of external data to complete existing data or to allow new synergies;
- assistance with data processing and analysis (extractions, production of composite sets, etc.);
- the development of extraction, visualisation and analysis tools;
the systematic implementation of processing methods developed in the laboratories;
- the demand for new products or services (e.g. products useful for model assimilation or validation, data distribution services, etc.);
the integration within AERIS of an existing database;
- the hosting and structuring within AERIS of a campaign or major project database.
The resources allocated may be material, based on the archiving and calculation resources assigned to AERIS or a combination of human and material resources.
Selected applications will be labelled AERIS.
For a flexible and responsive procedure, the application may be relatively short. It must contain the information necessary for the evaluation of the scientific interest by the AERIS scientific council (justification and motivation of the project) and the technical information to enable us to estimate the working time required to carry it out.
The evaluation of this application will be carried out by AERIS in 4 stages over approximately 3 months:
- Review of projects submitted by the AERIS Bureau: the office appoints the CDS (Data and Service Centres) in charge of the technical appraisal and a scientific reporter.
- Technical and scientific instructions: the CDS(s) and the scientific rapporteur contact the project leader in order to specify the request (technical and scientific aspects) and to evaluate the workload.
- Evaluation of the project by the AERIS Scientific Council
- Decision of the AERIS Bureau and sending of the response: the decision is taken according to the recommendations of the Scientific Council and the means available.
For significant projects, which can generally be anticipated, it is recommended that a letter of intent be sent as early as possible and even before finalisation of the project. This will inform the AERIS management and the Scientific Council to help with the multi-year planning and, in the end, the realisation of the project.